The Democratic Club of Sunnyvale is an active and welcoming group that promotes progressive, Democratic values and positions. We provide a welcoming group for those in the Sunnyvale, CA, area to meet and promote Democratic causes. Join us to meet other people in this major Silicon Valley city where you can make the most use of your Democratic ideas and energy!
Check out the San Jose Mercury News Editorial:
The video from the Sunnyvale City Council Candidates Forum on Housing and Transportation is posted on the Sunnyvale Sustainable and Affordable Living Coalition Site.
The Sunnyvale Democratic Club has endorsed Measure A.
Measure A - Santa Clara County Affordable Housing Bond Measure
The $950 million bond will provide affordable housing for thousands of our community members, including:
- $700 million for our most vulnerable populations, including Supportive Housing for our homeless residents;
- $100 million for low-income families;
- $150 million for working families and first-time Homebuyer programs
Measure B -Santa Clara County VTA Tax Measure
- Finish the BART extension to downtown San Jose and Santa Clara
- Relieve traffic congestion on all 10 Expressways (Almaden, Capitol, Central, Foothill, Lawrence, Montague, Page Mill, San Tomas, Santa Teresa/Hale) and key highway interchanges
- Protect and enhance transit options for seniors, the disabled, students and the poor
- Repair roads and fix potholes in all 15 cities
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian safety, especially near schools
- Increase Caltrain capacity, easing highway congestion and improving safety at grade crossings
- Connect BART and Caltrain in downtown San Jose and Santa Clara, with platform-to-platform connections, to finally provide rapid rail around the entire Bay Area
DCS currently has several active committees and task forces:
Affordable Housing Committee: Developing a Club plan for addressing the lack of affordable housing in Sunnyvale and other income equality issues. To join, contact email@example.com.
Wage Theft Committee: Working on issues related to stopping Wage Theft in our community. To join conact Carol Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Friendly Committee : Looking at ways to make Sunnyvale more Age Friendly. To join the committee, contact Nancy Smith at email@example.com
Hospitality Committee: Providing refreshments and other activities for our Club meetings. To support the committee or to volunteer to bring snacks contact Marge Goka at firstname.lastname@example.org.